Aura Imbarus is an awarded educator, freelance journalist, motivational speaker, and author of the critically acclaimed Amazon best-seller, Out of the Transylvania Night: A Story of Tyranny, Freedom, Love and Identity, a memoir detailing her life in Romania during the Communist regime. She is also the President and Founder ofSee Beyond, a company focusing on adolescents’ challenges in the 21st century.
Dr. Imbarus has a BA in Foreign Languages; MA in American and British Studies and a PhD in World Humanities. She has been teaching high school and college level classes in So. Cal since 1998. She was featured on NBC, ABC, CNBS, Good Morning San Diego, Forbes Romania, etc.
Aura Imbarus is the Cultural Director of Viitorul Roman, a Romanian Cultural and Aid Society in California; she is also the President and Co-Founder of RAPN – Romanian American Professional Network. She sits on the Board of Wesley Foundation UCLA and is a mentor for Scott L. Schwartz Children’s Foundation, a non-profit and professional organization whose mission is to help children with disabilities. Aura is a licensed clinical hypnotherapist, having trained with Dr. Brian Weiss and Dr. Wanita Holmes.
She writes for The Global Woman Magazine in London; Elephant Journal, Beverly Hills Times Magazine, The Immigrant, The Eden Magazine, Hermannstader Zeitung in Transylvania and also works as a freelance journalist for Entertainment and Sports Today.
“No matter how hard this moment is, seeing beyond it can shed light on the bigger purpose of life, understanding that there are always two sides to every story, and there is always a reason, a lesson, and an outcome which are deeply interwoven. Many times we have to put up with the rain in order to enjoy the latter beauty of the rainbow.”
- Zodiac sign: Cancer (July baby)
- Favorite reads: Fiction: Gone with the Wind; The Great Gatsby; The Count of Monte Cristo; The Awakening.
- Non-fiction: Night; The Biology of Belief; Wishes Fulfilled; Many Lives, Many Masters; Only Love Is Real, You Were Born Rich, Conversations with God (series).
- Favorite authors: Elie Wiesel, Dr. Bruce Lipton, Dr. Wayne Dyer, Dr Brian Weiss, Dr. Robert Holden, Bob Proctor, Napoleon Hill, Neale Donald Walsch, Mike Dooley, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Emily Dickinson, Marcel Proust.
- Favorite music: Frank Sinatra, Elvis, Michael Jackson, Elton John, Taylor Swift, Pitbull, Adam Lambert, Sam Smith, U2, Gipsy Kings; Latin flavors.
- Favorite time: 1920s
- Favorite food:
- Favorite movies: Cloud Waltzing; Instinct; Casablanca; Gone with the Wind; I Love Lucy; Passion of the Mind; Lucy.
- Favorite actors: Leonardo DiCaprio; Anthony Hopkins, Robin Williams, Alain Delon
- Favorite actresses: Charlize Theron, Sharon Stone, Romy Schneider, Elisabeth Taylor
- Favorite people: Albert Einstein, Dalai Lama, Steve Jobs, Mother Teresa, Lady Di – Princess Diana
- Favorite places: Transylvania, Greece, Italy, Brazil, Argentina, Maldives.
- Favorite things to do: Read, write, dance, travel, race cars, smell flowers.
- Favorite flowers: Lilac, water-lily, yellow roses.
- Favorite human qualities: Sincere, kind, giving, humorous, rebellious.
- Describe yourself in four words: Curious, adventurous, funny, happy.
- What is your motto or maxim? See Beyond Things!
- What’s your best quality? Resilience
- What’s the best advice: Find your own voice and express it!
For more info on her personal endeavors, please visit her website at: www.auraimbarus.com