A professionally trained conflict mediator, Qigong instructor, entrepreneur and transformational speaker, Darren Becket is committed to helping humanity reach a higher state of consciousness. His business, Wellness Curation, and personal brand help establish this reality by offering personal and professional services in the health and wellness space.
Darren has a BA in Conflict Mediation/Organizational Communication and holds several licenses, including the National Academy of Sports Medicine and the California Massage Therapy Council. He is a trained Qigong instructor, meditator, fitness coach, massage therapist and life coach. Having trained his whole life with martial art masters, Buddhist, Christian and Taoist monks, Darren discovered his unique ability to restore balance and bring clarity in others’ physical, mental, or spiritual challenges.
He is a founding member of Soul Based Living, a philosophical and spiritual tradition, which centers on the path of Enlightenment and what happens after, through the practice and development of love, wisdom, and unity. A most innovative aspect of SBL is the Evolution of Being, a view of nature wherein Enlightenment is not mystical, but natural, with a central focus on compassion, gratitude, and regard for the interconnected nature of life. www.soulbasedliving.us
The art and science of Qigong are at the heart of Darren’s personal work with individuals and businesses. His philosophy, “Work better, feel better, live better,” is translated through the application of qigong tools: philosophy, meditation, massage, physical exercise and nutrition. Individuals can participate in Darren’s community via global talks, Qigong classes, retreats, and summits. www.darrenbecket.com
As the CEO of Wellness Curation, a professional wellness agency, Darren oversees operations, client relations and brand partnerships. WC focuses on assisting health and wellness experts to create successful self-brands: digital content marketing, public speaking and product development. www.wellnesscuration.com
Fun Facts about Darren Becket:
- Zodiac sign: Aries (April 1st)
- Tarot: The Magician
- Favorite reads: The Lord of the Rings; Harry Potter; Parabola (the publication)
- Non-fiction: Wired for Healing; Cutting through Spiritual Materialism;Spiritual Cannibalism; Your Guide to Earth’s Pivotal Years; The Zen of Heraclitus,The Hermetica
- Favorite authors: Rumi, Ralph Waldo Emerson, J. R. R. Tolkien, Rudolf Steiner, Mantak Chia, Jorgen Rasmussen, Dolores Cannon, Andre de Balzac
- Favorite music: Nature/tribal sounds and crystal bowls, deep house, lounge, Tom Kenyon, Bonobo, Pink Floyd, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Disclosure
- Favorite time in history: Height of the Egyptian Empire (2500 BC)
- Favorite food: Vegan chocolate pudding; coconut cream, cacao, avacado, raspberry, yumminess
- Favorite movies: Ace Ventura Pet Detective, The Matrix, The Tree of Life, Into the Inferno, Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- Favorite people: Bhagawan Nityananda, Imhotep, Hellen Keller, Ralph Waldon Emerson, Swami Rudrinanda, Raul Rosiles
- Favorite places: Anywhere with epic views and rich local culture
- Favorite things to do: Commune, surf, laugh, meditate, eat and sleep
- Favorite flowers: Orchids, white carnations, ylang ylang, hibiscus
- Favorite human qualities: Courage, wisdom, compassion, being heart centered
- Describe yourself in four words: Adventurous, deep, light hearted, intimate
- What is your motto or maxim? The path to feeling better in your body is the same as discovering what excites your soul.
- What’s your best quality? Spirited
- What’s the best advice: Tread lightly, but manifest everything.